DESIGNING A SMOKE-FREE FUTURE
Get ready to shake the foundations of convention and disrupt a market with breakthrough products that could one day replace cigarettes. We are overhauling our multi-billion dollar business through a massive program of R&D, innovation and business transformation. For you this offers international opportunity and a fast-track to your career goals. Join Philip Morris UK & Ireland and dare to venture on a bold new course.
ABOUT EVOLV AND YOU
Evolv is a fast-track Commercial Graduate program based in the UK that is designed to challenge and develop you, both personally and professionally.
We’ll engage and expose you to real business challenges and provide you with access to each business function and our Leadership Team from day 1.
This is the start of your career in management.
To be successful in this program, you need to be:
· Open to change
· Results driven and hands-on
· Entrepreneurial in spirit and innovative
· Commercially astute
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Good communication skills
· Drive to succeed
· Agile and adaptable
As for the rest? To qualify you have to graduate (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in 2018 or 2019 with at least 2:1. We’re not hung up on what subject your degree is. It’s your passion and drive that’s going to win us over.
WHAT OUR CURRENT GRADS SAY…
Gavin - Evolv 2018
“We support each other especially with things we’re not so strong in – but with the help we get, I’m feeling more confident now”
Lisa - Evolv 2018
“All the support we receive is really good and it’s always constructive and developmental. I feel great as we’re appreciated and valued by the business for what we do and we get real responsibility so early on. We’ve been here less than 2 months.”
Sandra - Evolv 2018
The transformation itself is exciting and to be part of that makes you feel like you can really make a change!
Katy T - Evolv 2018
“What first attracted me to Evolv is that it was an opportunity to learn the whole business before committing to a specific career.”
Hani - Evolv 2018
“They really make you feel empowered and encourage you to try new ideas at Philip Morris. Everyone is very genuine and really eager to give us the time and tools to help us succeed.”
Hani, Sandra & Katie - Evolv 2018
“We’d describe the Evolv program as Fast-paced, Challenging, Engaging and Empowering”
PUTTING YOU ON THE FAST-TRACK
We want to give you the opportunity to really understand our business and learn how business works through three different assignments. We believe each graduate is unique, so we’ll tailor your development and experience around your career aspirations.
To really support you throughout your induction and Evolv program, you’ll be paired with a mentor and buddy within the business who will support you along the way. Your Program Manager will also support your development and progression whilst you’re on the program.
Best of all, it permanent from day 1 and if you successfully complete the program, you could be on track to earn up to 50k.
We have an exciting and thorough induction at Philip Morris planned for you. You’ll get the opportunity to learn about us and engage with experts from across our whole business, including our Leadership team. You’ll work with us on a range of real business challenges, where you can provide your ideas and input to help us move closer to achieving our vision. You’ll even get the opportunity to visit our global HQ in Switzerland and another market.
Your first opportunity to gain real experience and have real responsibility. You’ll be working within the Commercial departments where you’ll be exposed to our customers and consumers first hand. We want you to really understand how we put our consumer at the core of everything we do.
- During the induction you’ll learn about the commercial function
- Shadowing our commercial teams during your induction
- Understand how we measure performance and success
- Real conversations and rapport with consumers
- Real responsibility and objectives to deliver
- Work directly with our consumers or retail partners
- Understand the parameters in which we work
- Learn from your peers, team and mentor
- Reviewing your success/learnings/what you’ve delivered
- Identify areas for development and how to achieve them
- Understand how the commercial function work
- Understand how each function collaborates to ensure commercial delivery
- Learn the importance of compliance from a legal and ethical perspective
- Enhance your entrepreneurial skills
- Ultimately, learn how we do business
Understanding the business from a strategic point of view is really important to enable commercial delivery and success. We are a global business so really understanding how business works at this stage is important to building a successful career at Philip Morris. We'll align this assignment with your career aspirations.
- Understand the business at a strategic level
- Meet key stakeholders
- Understand how we operate to deliver the best solutions for our consumer
- Understand your role in delivering our strategy
- Learn how an global business operates
- You’ll be aligned to key business projects and priorities
- You’ll be given clear objectives to deliver during the assignment
- Gain strategic and holistic view of business
- Learn about the analytical side of the business and how this influences business strategy
- Work with and learn from experts across the business
- Continually review and assess what you delivered
- Identify way to elevate your development and experience
- Understand how to make innovative business ideas in to reality
- Bring together the experience and knowledge you’ve gained so far
- How our business operates
- How to apply strategy in a real business context
- How you can impact a global business
- Put forward your ideas to further enhance and improve how we work
Now you’ve got a broad understanding of our business and consumers, it’s time to develop your management skills. You’ll learn how to manage projects and people. We’ll discuss your career ambitions and the best placement for you within this assignment.
- Dedicated training to learn about and develop managerial skills
- Learning how to manage responsibility and take leadership
- Manage projects or people
- Use learnings from first two assignments
- Take responsibility for ensuring high standard of delivery
- Review your learnings from all three assignments
- Hone your management experience
- Prepare for your next role in the business
- Management skills
- How to take responsibility
- How to bring all your experience together to successfully take the next step